Avocado Oil For Beautiful Shiny Hair
Avocados are a great source of vitamin A,D, E, protein, lecithin and healthy fats.
Apart from the great health benefits, avocado can be used for beautiful hair as well. I totally recommend using 100% cold pressed avocado carrier oils for hair care routine.
They are easily available online and act as a great carrier oil for diluting essential oils.
Avocado oil deeply penetrates the hair shaft making it beautiful and shiny. It also helps in preventing breakage and protects the hair from heat stress. This oil is highly rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats which provide deep conditioning to the hair.
When massaged onto scalp it helps in improving the circulation which provides moisturisation and strengthens the hair roots. As, avocado oil is rich in monounsaturated fats it helps in combating dryness and prevents as well as treat dandruff.
It helps in protection from the harmful UV rays as it contains vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant resulting in healing and repair.
Avocado oil is also rich in vitamin D, which is extremely beneficial in the growth of new hair follicles resulting in the hair growth and improving density.
How to use avocado oil for your hair?
- Apply pure avocado oil to your hair while massaging the scalp for improving circulation. You can warm the oil before application for better penetration.
- Avocado oil can be used with coconut and castor oil as well. Make your own concoction with equal amounts of all the three oils for preventing breakage/damage and promoting hair growth.
- Avocado oil acts as great carrier oil. You can make your own herbal hair elixir by adding some essential oils to it. For this take a bowl add some almond/coconut oil, add equal amount of avocado oil to it. Then add 3-4 drops of essential oils such as lavender oil rosemary oil, lemongrass oil etc. mix and apply to your hair and keep it overnight. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo the next day.
- You can also add avocado oil to your hair mask or conditioners for an added softness.
- Avocado oil can also be added to your serum for an added shine and moisture to dry and damaged hair. Just remember to add only 2-3 drops for the purpose of serum. Otherwise your hair would look oily and weigh down.
- Avocado oil works as a great de-tangler which helps the hair that are prone to breakage become healthy and let them grow longer.
- Another tip is to put few drops of avocado oil to the end of your hair while sleeping. This will make your hair easier to manage the next day and will also prevent split ends.
Caution- People allergic to avocado should not use the above mentioned oil treatments for hair.
Hope you found it useful.
You might also like: